Your favorite stopover for your cycling excursions in the Alps
Are you going to tackle the passes of the Grande Route des Alpes? Are you traveling by bike in the Hautes-Alpes and looking for a comfortable break adapted to your needs? The Hotel Restaurant Spa La Robéyère welcomes you in the best conditions.
Your cycling stopover in Embrun
Welcome to the Hotel-Restaurant La Robéyère, a charming establishment and 18th century residence, in country house style.
La Robéyère contemplates the highest peaks of the Hautes-Alpes. The view of the mountains from the panoramic terrace of the restaurant resonates like an invitation to discover the Hautes-Alpes.
The heated indoor swimming pool and the Nordic bath outdoors offer a moment of relaxation facing the mountains. The Hotel Restaurant & Spa La Robéyère 4* is a BW Signature Collection by Best Western establishment.
Enjoy the comfort of one of our forty family home-style rooms. Standard, Classic, Superior, Deluxe or even family, each room has a neat and contemporary style. The rooms can accommodate up to three people maximum and four for the family.
Your hotel with the Accueil Vélo label
The Hotel-Restaurant La Robéyère has the bicycle welcome label. We welcome all types of bikes: mountain bike, hybrid bike, road bike, gravel bike, electrically assisted bike, etc.
Located less than 5 kilometers from a cycle path, we offer services dedicated to cyclists, such as secure storage space for bicycles or a repair kit.
You will benefit from a friendly welcome including practical information, advice, itinerary suggestions, as well as weather forecasts . In addition, we provide various services dedicated to bicycle travelers, such as luggage transport, laundry and drying facilities, as well as partnerships for rental and bicycle cleaning.
Your gourmet break
After a relaxation break at the spa with massages specially designed for athletes, you will take your place in the 18th century vaulted room from the restaurant or bar to the intimate atmosphere to begin your culinary experience. Our inspired cuisine highlights local products from the Hautes-Alpes, with quality seasonal products, such as fruits, vegetables, trout from the Durance Valley, and cheeses labeled Hautes-Alpes Naturally.
The restaurant is open every evening from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., except Sundays, while the bar is open from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
A region with a strong cycling culture
The Hautes-Alpes are an essential stage of the Tour de France. The 2024 Tour will also pass through Embrun.
Cyclists staying at the hotel can enjoy the richness that nature offers us, its panoramic view of the mountains around the Hautes-Alpes, while enjoying the cycling routes.
Among the emblematic routes, discover:
- La Durance à Vélo which takes place over 438km long, along the Durance valley, from Briançon to Avignon. A real challenge for cycle touring enthusiasts, Embrun represents the ideal stage of this route.
- Les Méans from Embrun via Puy Sanière takes place over 12.3km for a positive altitude difference of 501 meters.
- The Route des Puys route is 44.1 kilometers long with an elevation gain of 956 meters.
- Along the Embrun water body for 2.57km for a maximum elevation gain of 784 meters. This route is recognized as a very easy route.
- The Col de Vars over 19.4km up to 2,109 meters above sea level. It is a legendary pass used by the Tour de France, but it is also accessible for cycling enthusiasts.