Top 5 summer activities around Serre-Ponçon lake
Explore the Hautes-Alpes through a top 5 list of summer activities around Lake Serre-Ponçon. Panoramic hiking, aquatic sliding, paragliding flights, and relaxation by the lakeside.
1. Explore the trails with lake views:
The Belvedere of Curattes:
A beautiful hike along the shores of the turquoise waters of the Serre-Ponçon lake, varied landscapes, shaded passages, and a very beautiful panorama of the Serre-Ponçon lake. Bring your bathing suits and towels to enjoy a refreshing swim.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Duration: 1h30
- Elevation gain: 177m
- Departure: From the Saint-Jaques chapel in Chorges, 20 minutes from the hotel by car
The majestic Pic de Morgon:
Meet on the emblematic summit culminating at 2324 meters above sea level. By climbing its paths, you will be rewarded with an exceptional panorama of the Lake.
- Difficulty: Difficult
- Duration: 5h00
- Elevation gain: 734m
- Departure: At the Grand Clot car park, 30 minutes by car from the hotel
Information : https://ondiraitlesud.fr/fr/pic-morgon.html
2. Wakesurf, an unparalleled gliding experience:
Dive into the waters of the lake of Serre-Ponçon and enjoy wakesurfing, a sensational nautical activity that combines the pleasure of surfing and sliding. Let yourself be propelled by the waves generated by the boat. You will feel an incredible feeling of freedom and adrenaline.
- 1 session of 15 minutes
- From €44 for adults
- From €38 for children (-12 years old)
- Meet at Savines le Lac, just 10 minutes from the hotel by car
Information and reservations : https://www.southwakesurf.com/
3. Baptism in paragliding above the Lake of Serre-Ponçon:
Take to the skies and live an unforgettable experience by paragliding over the lake of Serre-Ponçon. You will be amazed by the beauty of the landscapes stretching out in front of you, between the shimmering lake and the majestic surrounding mountains.
- From 80€
- Meet at the Saint Vincent-les-Forts car park, 40 minutes by car from the hotel
Information and reservations : https://www.serre-poncon-parapente.fr/
4. Visit of the fortified village of Mont-Dauphin
Explore the cobbled streets of this fortified village, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Let yourself be steeped in the history that emerges from its imposing ramparts and fascinating military architecture. A visit that will transport you back in time.
- From 6€
- Go to Mont-Dauphin, 25 minutes by car from the hotel
Information and reservations : https://www.montdauphin-vauban.fr/fr
5. Farniente at the secret beach of the lake of Serre-Ponçon
Take advantage of a sunny day to chill at the Paillote du Lac. Let yourself be lulled by the relaxed atmosphere of the secret beach on the shores of the Lake of Serre-Ponçon. It is the ideal place to relax and rejuvenate.
Let the flavors of local dishes awaken your taste buds, savor delicious cocktails in an idyllic setting and spice up your day with activities: canoeing, kayaking, paddle, beach volleyball, petanque, badminton, table tennis.
- Access by car: Bay of Foreston, route Orbanne, Lac de Serre-Ponçon 05160 Le Sauze-du-Lac, 25 minutes by car from the hotel
- Access by boat: With your boat, moorings available
- Daily transfers by boat are available and/or can be privatized
Information et reservations : https://www.paillotedulac.com/index.php